Friday, May 24, 2002

France Day 1

Paris is one of those places you only dream about visiting. I've often wondered what it was like. In the movies there is often a violin playing gently in the background while everyone around is holding hands. I just got back from the best 4 day weekend in Paris and I can safely say... it is EXACTLY like that! Except with the addition of hot dogs and horrible yet funny drivers.

Evans took me to a travel agent where we booked the train and hotel for us. I couldn't believe this was happening!

Day 1 - May 24, 2002

We don't know the language, but the subway/train system is very easy to understand. We have an address to the hotel so we know where to get off the train. It was actually very simple. When we found the hotel we were shocked to see that we were not far at all from the Eiffel Tower.


The entire time I'm thinking to myself "I can't believe I'm really here." Lets go! This has to be the first thing we do! We closer and I see about 20 people climbing stairs. Oh my.... stairs? Mind you I just got my walker off my ankle. This is no easy feat. Then Evans shows me the elevator. Oh thank God haha. We go up to the first level and I get really anxious. I have a slight fear of heights so I wanted to warm myself up. Ok lets go up to the middle level.

Wow it's so cool! We could see so much of Paris! There's a beautiful river flowing through town and the buildings all look like pieces of art. There were signs and old photos showing the timeline of the erection of the tower. It really is incredible when you read about it. http://www.discoverfrance.net/France/Paris/Monuments-Paris/Eiffel.shtml

Alright I'm ready to go to the top! No camera can capture the beauty of this city. It didn't stop me from trying though.
We got pretty hungry. Train food isn't very satisfying and there was a little food shop up there. I see someone order this hot dog thing I had to get it! It was french bread hallowed out and stuffed with 2 very long hot dogs. Then they poured ketchup inside. It was the best hot dog I've ever had. I want to go back for another before we leave!

We've traveled all day and had a busy day ahead so it's time for sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment