Tuesday, April 16, 2002

Castles and Dates

We finally got some time off together. Guard duty is slowly dying. We're now doing 12 hours on and 12 hours off with a 2 day break after 4 days of work. Pretty nice :)

Evans wants to go out on a real date. So we're packing up and taking our 2 days to go to Sankt Goar. He took me to this incredible restaurant inside the Castle there and recommended something on the menu. When they delivered it to the table they had the lights turns out. My dinner was on fire! AWESOME! Not only that but it was meat on a stick. The stick was a mini sword! We've been dating for 6 months and he already knows my love for fire and sharp dangerous objects. What a wonderful man. <3

Afterwards we walked around the town a little bit. I saw this humongous bear I would love to get my grandma. This this is bigger than me! Turns out to be some collectible and is worth more than I make in a year. Oh sad face.

Then Evans cheered me up with spaghetti ice cream. All better :)

We stopped by Stefan's shop. I really dig this guy. He makes his own wine and the 2nd floor of his shop is the most beautiful Christmas stuff you've ever seen. (http://www.giftsfromgermany.com/)
Evans bought some Peach Brandy for us to try and Stephan threw in a free bottle of ice wine that taste like candy! Don't worry about me. I've seen my roommate drunk on wine before. Gross. One glass will due just fine. :)


We're back in the barracks now. I don't think this will be a date I'll ever forget.

1 comment: