Sunday, April 8, 2007

Fresno Visit

It's been a while since I've written. There's some pretty important details I've missed. We sold our house in New Mexico. Eric's boss moved us to Southern California. Boeing set us up in an extended stay hotel for 30 days in Seal Beach, CA. While we were there I got hooked up with a Web Development Intern job at Boeing. It was an awesome few months. I also started school at Westwood. I figure online school is best since we move so much.


We met up with a realtor but quickly realized a house in socal was too expensive. Apartments too actually. We eventually found an apartment in Yorba Linda. It sucked lol. We were 20 feets from a train that ran every 20 mins, 24/7. So after a few months of no sleep we found another place in Laguna Niguel. The rent goes up every few months and we cannot afford to live here any longer. Luckily Eric's boss hooked Eric up with a job in Texas. It's a lot cheaper. Before that, we're taking a trip up to Fresno since we don't know how long it will be before we visit again.

This was a difficult visit for me. The church is the one thing that has remained consistent for me. Since sis Holman passed the church feels strange. Pastor Holman isn't there either. The music is weird and everyone seems sad. The church is currently torn apart and everyone is next door at a neighbor church. It is nice to see everyone though.

I also got to meet my new niece Mallory. Eric and I tried to dress her but it went poorly. We all went to the zoo and people kept mistaking her for a boy. whoops. It was a great visit, and a great sort-of farewell to California. I wish the time we have lived here in SoCal would have gone better. Money sucks sometimes.







No comments:

Post a Comment