Tuesday, March 4, 2003

Best Florida Trip Ever!

Feb 7 - Mar 3

WOA BUDDY! I say that for 2 reasons. 1. This might be my best trip to date and 2. People were not happy with me when I got back. HAHA! I don't care!



First of all January sucked! Eric and the rest of the company got shipped off to Kuwait to gear up for the war. Eric surprises me one day at my door saying he's getting out. His 4 years are up and he's already got a real good job lined up. Im so happy for him! I get super excited and sad at the same time. I might never see him again. But before we make plans to get out in town and hang out before he leaves I'm told to pack my things I'm going to graf. Not fun. We don't even have any soldiers. They're sending me, ms limpy, along with 2 pregnant chicks. What are we going to accomplish in Grafenwohr? Nothing I tell you! They said bodies are needed. We don't even get credit on our reports for going because it's illegal to send people like us to the field. There goes my last bit of time with Eric. We decide I should take some leave after graf is done. he promises a much better Florida trip. So that's what I do!

It's February in Germany. It's freezing! Naturally I'm wearing a sweater. I get off the plane in Florida and is it... SO... VERY.. HOT! A sticky hot. What is this humidity crap? I don't like it. But yay Florida! Eric and his dad pick me up. He's a pretty cool guy letting his son's girlfriend stay with them for a few weeks. I met his mom and sister. They are pretty neat. His mom might actually be more shy than me! His sister reminds me a lot of mine, both of them.

Eric takes me to a ren fair. He knows I love them! It's actually pretty similar to the one in Fresno.

Eric made plans to go to Orlando is to him, like SoCal is to us Fresno people. All our school events are down there. Disneyland, Six Flags random band events. Same for him! Disneyworld and random karate tournaments. So he rented a car and booked a hotel and to Orlando we went. The hotel was the nicest I've seen. I don't know if it's because we were comparing to European or what. Disney was great! I've been to 3 of them now! I actually like Island of Adventure's better. We must've rode The Hulk 10 times in a row.

He showed me the East Coast beach. It's something I've wanted to see. Just to touch the east and west waters. Incredible stuff. We got sun burned! His parents were there too. They were smart!

It was such a fun trip I hated to leave. When I got back this morning I was told the guy in charge got in trouble for signing me out on so much leave. So after that no one was allowed leave at all. The only girl who was angry was a shammer anyway. =)

So now I'm here, back from the best trip in my life, nice and tanned with nowhere to go. No roommate. Nothing to do but write. I guess I'll go watch The Simpsons.




No comments:

Post a Comment