Friday, June 15, 2001

Home on Leave

I've been home about a week. It's fantastic. People are especially nice when they know you wont be home long. It's kinda nice.

My grandpa is in the hospital. He's pretty sick. Actually, I don't think he's doing that bad considering his horrible life-style. He looks pretty bad. He tells me he likes to fake getting sick so the pretty nurses can give him sponge baths. I wouldn't put it past him!


The guy... you know... THAT one. He's called a few times and I don't know what to say. He says he loves me so I say it back even though I'm disgusted by him. It's my nature to be nice to people, even when I'm screaming in my head. I've even planned his murder a few times. I think "It's ok I wont see him again." But he's telling me he's going to Germany after I get there and I'm terrified. I guess he grew up there. He's an Army brat apparently.  So from that point I stop answering my calls. Enough of this though.

My mom took me to see Ray and Mary. They've been pretty influential people in my life. It was always like having a 3rd set of grandparents.


Eric (Ducky) has been hanging out with me. He took me to see Sarah. It took us 20 minutes to get her to answer the door because Bob Marley was totally blaring. We could hear it long before we walked to her door. Ahhh memories haha. She finally opened and a puff of smoke came out the door. I thought "oh great, here I am in my uniform walking into a pot house." I was just done working at the recruiters office, that's why I was in uniform. She looked half the size she used to be. Maybe it was because I gained 25 of PURE MUSCLE BABY! Or maybe she was just smoking too much. She cut all her pretty hair and put it up in short dreads. She was weird.

Eric's gonna take me to see our other friends later. I kinda just wanna chill out at home with my parents. I only have 3 weeks left.

I have some orders. I've been assigned a sponsor from the unit I'm going to be in. His name is SPC Eric Evans. I'm a little nervous. I hear permanent duty stations are way more relaxed. I guess I'm mostly nervous about being in a foreign country. What am I supposed to do when I land? With this SPC Evans be there with a sign? Will he yell at me? Will he show me around? Am I going to learn the language? I'm excited!

1 comment:

  1. Bummer 'bout your gramps. :( Were you close?

    Fooey on the bad dudey. Hahah. Doody. Heh.

    25 lbs of pure muscle! WOOT. They dun call you Hawtty for nothing, eh? =D

    Yay for Ducky!

    Isn't it strange what happens to our friends sometimes, the way they change? = Hope she's well.

    Enter: ERIC!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete