Thursday, July 5, 2001

Wiesbaden Germany

WOW!! You know, I'm still kind of in shock. Every once in a while I stop and think "Hey, I'm in Germany." and I still don't believe it.


So SPC Evans didn't pick me up, and no one yelled at me. phew! A SGT Patterson picked me up at the airbase I'm living at. Luckily I didn't fly commercial so I had guidance around this place. The SGT picked me up and was so chill. He told me to call him Patty which is SOOOO strange! Really everyone I met was a blur. I didn't catch any faces at all I was so nervous. Just a bunch of Camo. My Platoon leader reminds me of the lead singer for Wheatus. He's very cool, and I've never met a Warrant Officer before.

The strangest thing happened though. Somehow they knew about my "Private Pyro" title and I got teased about it a bit. I'm still shy and haven't spoken to anyone much. So I guess that's their way to lighten the mood. I like it :)

I actually don't have a bed yet. It's been 3 days. The girl in this room hasn't moved out yet, but I hear she's coming today. I've been sitting here by the bathroom door sleeping off and on. I am soooo jet lagged! 14 hour flight is crazy.

I'm so excited AND so tired. So I don't know how to react. I'll have to write more when something happens besides me sleeping!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! No bed for 3 days? Oh Brandi you're too shy!! I love you. Yay for cool nicknames! I say 'yay' a lot. Ah well.

    ReplyDelete