Tuesday, May 29, 2001

Georgia, or was it Florida?

God Bless 4 day weekends. Typically on the weekend soldiers put in for a pass to leave base and just stay at some cheap hotel in Augusta. I've done it once with Fedora. We had fun! If you don't put in a pass you are basically tied to the barracks doing something called fire guard. It sucks. This past weekend was memorial weekend. 4 days at the barracks?! NO THANK YOU!


Can't afford a hotel. The guy I'm dating offers to buy my ticket to meet his mom. Wow jumping the gun right? I let him. I'd love to travel right now. We fly into the southern part of Georgia somewhere and end up in a town called Jacksonville. At this point I didn't realize I was in Florida. Friends told me of all the things I should see, and the bf agreed to take me there. The beach. Some old fort, or something that was the oldest city in America. Finally something I wanna do when I travel.

Nope. Didn't happen. We spent 99% of the time with him trying to get me to.... you know. I explained that wasn't me. I was very upset. The rest of the time we spent at the local mall with him shopping in gangster-type stores. I was dying for a hot-topic or pacsun but wasn't allowed to go in. WOW. This was a very segregated mall. It was strange being from Fresno. People get along with everyone for the most part. Blacks and Whites had their own part of the mall. It felt strange.

I will just say this was the worst experience of my life. Without filling in the details I will say that I had to go back to the barracks with bruises and scratches. And since girls shower together someone felt the need to report the situation. They offered counseling to me, but I denied. What was I supposed to say? I want to take them up on it kinda. But. you know. nevermind. I think I've handled things well up until this point in my life. I will take this time to consider whether or not I want to report him.

3 comments:

  1. OMGOODNESS!!! You totally should have reported it :( And used the counseling. I wish we were closer so I could be your counselor, 'cause I'm thinking you prolly don't got to one :( Also, 'cause I love you & wanna be your RL friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually spoke with someone a day or two before I left. They told me A. I would be held there even longer and B. No one would believe me for waiting so long. (a few days, really?) I wish you could be close. We'd be good RL friends. && I think we need each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! I agree, we need each other. We should sorta maybe work on being good long distance RL friends. Maybe. That's like effort. And stuff. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete