Monday, April 2, 2001

Ft. Gordon Georgia

I'm now in AIT. I don't know what that stands for actually. It's just like college but a much shorter duration. At least for the job I picked. Some people are here for 2 years. Some for 3 months. And me? 9 measly weeks. HA! My job... I'm a 74C. We say it like "Charlie." So far I fix stuff. Or so I'm told. It's only been a couple days so all we've really done is look at fake classified messages and learned how to decipher them. Kinda neat. Most classes here have 20-40 people. There's only 7 in my class. And they are people I went to BCT with. I am so happy!


The barracks life is the same. There's 12 girls in my tiny room. Air force is in the building next to us and they only have 2 per room. I already hate them. I saw a fridge and a computer. We can't even eat in our room. Shoot, I'm not allowed to watch TV until I'm phase 4.5. I'm currently just phase 4. I guess after 4 weeks they make us recite some horribly long thing from our soldiers handbook. OH BOY!

I don't really fit in here. My battle buddy Fedora helps. But honestly I'm uncomfortable. These girls are bullies. Oh how I love being picked on my girls smaller than me who think they're tough. I just shrug them off. Or try to anyway. ~sigh~

This girl keeps me sane
I'm actually dating this guy. I don't know why. No one likes him. He was kind of a jerk in BCT. But, he's the opposite of my HS boyfriend. And tough guys need love too right? His music tastes are kinda lame, or maybe it's mine. I don't know his style because we haven't worn civies yet. We'll see how that goes. He knows I'm only here for 9 weeks right?

So far what I hate besides the bullies is waking up at 0345 to be outside at 0400. Then waiting around until 0500 for the drill sergeants. it's lame.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sad you were bullied!!! RAWR BAD PPL don't mess w/my Brandi! :( lol @ dating a guy no one likes and you're not sure why you're dating him! was it eric? can't wait to find out!! boo for being up so early and drill sergeants sucking =

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't met Eric yet. that's ok about the drill sergeants tho. bct was much worse! and the bullying... well. I say "whatever" now because they were kinda...i don't know. They weren't very impressive girls. you know? not too bright. obviously not very nice. Not really attractive either. so ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you tell 'em! dumb girls!

    ReplyDelete