Saturday, March 13, 2004

Love and Marriage

This is my first entry as Mrs. Brandi Evans. It's weird giving up my last name. But it's shorter, and it's not so close to the beginning of the alphabet so I can stop being picked first for things. Oh thank heaven!



Let me clear some things up. This isn't exactly what we had in mind for our wedding. It was something my mom suggested on the phone one day and after some thought it seemed like the best idea. My family is from Fresno California. Eric's family is in Ft. Lauderdale Florida. I couldn't think of a compromise. We couldn't afford to buy people plane tickets and neither could the potential guests. So we had none. It was just us. I am okay with this.

It was extremely non-conventional. But I suppose that's what you get when you get married in Vegas. I spent every last penny of my Army severance pay on this so we're going to enjoy this! And we did. Very much so.

March 12 2004

We spent a good portion of the morning in a beauty shop. I got my hair and make up done. I've never been so pampered. It was kind of nice and at the same time a bit weird. There must have been over a hundred bobby pins in my hair.

After I as finished getting pretty we walked across the street to the Greek Isles where we were to be married. We still had about an hour so we threw some cash into the machine and won $700. What a way to start off huh? Good job Eric! That cash helped pave the way for more memories for our trip.

It was time! We had the little chapel all to ourselves. I was helped into my dress by a staff member. It was a lot of work. My train was huge and there are a dozen complicated buttons on it. I walked down the isle and didn't even notice the empty seats. All I saw was my handsome future husband with his gorgeous smile and dimples.

The pastor was fantastic. We prayed before we started. It was a beautiful prayer. Then he said to us "The couple that prays together, stays together." I don't think I'll ever forget that. He continued on with the ceremony. We did the typical vows and ring exchange. It was typical by the looks of things, but it felt like more than that. Sure we said the same thing every couple throughout history has said. But we meant every word. It felt unique because it was, to us.

We had a little photo session after the wedding. They took pictures and video during of course, but these were special photos. I was excited about them, until he started posing us. They were weird and awkward. So we went to the hotel and took a couple of our own. I wonder how the professional ones will come out. We'll get them in a few months.

I love this man. We have a history like no other. We've traveled a small portion of the world. The biggest experiences of our lives have happened with each other. Not to mention the fact that we've spent almost a year apart and it didn't phase us. Okay well, it didn't phase us much. :) I can tell our future is going to be great.



No comments:

Post a Comment