Monday, September 10, 2001

Fun So Far

I freaking love it here! We take a little green van called The Mystery Machine to work which is like 45 minutes away in Mainz. It's totally hidden where no one can casually find it. I love the people I work with which just to happens to be the people I live with. Everyone's doors are open and you can come and go as you please. People are so friendly. We only get a few tv channels in English. Somewhere we got free cable in all the barracks so we wont tell anyone about it. At 1800 The Simpsons comes on for a few hours and you can walk down the halls with everyone's room door open and hear it from every room. It's funny stuff!



My room. The guys playing PS2.

This is Evans. He was supposed to be my sponsor. Now he's a cool buddy.


I brought nothing. No personal items besides my little Mr. Happy journal of course. My parents mailed me a few things. I have my blue pepsi blanket, my big yellow body pillow, and my stuffed Bulldog (time out) now so I'm happy. My side of the room is half the size of my roommate's. I told her it was ok since I don't have stuff. Some guys took me to buy stuff from the Power Zone (like best buy). I got a pretty nice sized tv and a brand new PS2. So now the guys are hanging in my room. It kind of feels like high school again. I'm sure it has nothing to do with me having the only PS2 in the barracks so far. mmhmm. We've been playing a lot of WWE Smackdown, and Final Fantasy when I'm alone which isn't too often.

My good friends are Silent Bob (James Hicks), Smitty (Smith), and Evans. Hey he has no nickname. There's a lot of other people who come visit and play but these guys are closer. They took me to this awesome place called Saint Goar. It's a beautiful town on the Rhein River and it has a freaking huge castle. I am in heaven here. It's only been a few months and I've already seen more than I have in a lifetime. I've experienced new foods too. I love Doner Kebaps. It's greek... I think. The people who sell them are... well I don't know where they're from.  They've taught me to use the trains. It's fun! Never been on one before.

The big hang out spot for the company is the Irish Pub. The whole unit goes there. It's like "our" place. There's live (awesome) music, darts, and this fun video game machine. I told them I don't drink so Silent Bob got me a coke my 4th day here. These people are amazing. Nothing like AIT with all those bullies. There's only a few girls here. I like them! I make the 4th.


1 comment: