Monday, January 15, 2001

The Beginning

Tomorrow is a big day for me. I am leaving for the Army. I'm finally getting the fresh start I've been waiting for. Seems silly coming from an 18 year old huh? There are lots of reasons I am doing this. Leaving my family is not one of them. I don't want to leave them. I love them all. I think it's right for me. A lot of people say I can't do it. Some wont say it, but I can sense it.


I never thought I'd leave Fresno. Sure, I've been places. I've been all over California. I've seen Salt Lake City, Reno, Las Vegas, and recently on a senior trip I got to see Hawaii. I spent 7 days there and yet feel like I've done it all wrong. It was probably the company. I was reunited with an ex who hurt me so badly. What was I thinking? I roomed with 2 of my best friends who absolutely hated each other. Yeah, that was not fun. I did the traveling thing wrong. I want to do it again with different experiences. Happy ones. Like trips to Disneyland with my parents. I want to experience the cities, not the fake tourist stuff.

I will miss my family. I will miss watching my cousins, niece and nephew grow up. I don't know how long I'll be gone. How much can change in 4 years? I guess we'll see. Maybe I'll stay in longer. So here I go! Goodbye Fresno! I will miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment